Safeguarding in our school:
Designated safeguarding lead is:
Mrs Power - Headteacher
Deputy designated safeguarding leads are:
Mrs Cope - Deputy Headteacher
Mrs Brogan - Assistant Headteacher
Every school must have a Child Protection Policy - often referred to as the school's Safeguarding Policy. The aim of the policy is to ensure that our school has effective measures in place to safeguard your children from the potential risk of harm and that the safety and well being of the children are of the highest priority in all aspects of our school's work. Having the policy in place ensures that all members of your school community:
- Are aware of their responsibilities in relation to safeguarding and child protection
- Know the procedures that should be followed if they have a cause for concern
- Know where to go to find additional information regarding safeguarding
- Are aware of the key indicators relating to child abuse
- Fully support the school's commitment to safeguarding and child protection.
Our Early Help Offer forms part of our safeguarding provision aiming to help families manage challenges before they become too big. See https://www.stcatherineskidderminster.co.uk/early-help-offer/
Coronavirus Update This annex to the safeguarding policy is relevant to the response to the Covid19 pandemic.
What to do if you are worried about a child:
If you are worried about a child, for any reason, you must talk to a member of staff. If the concern is about abuse, talk to the DSL or deputy DSL's immediately. Do not hold onto your concerns.
Useful contact numbers:
NSPCC - 0808 800 5000
ChildLine - 0800 11 11
Parentline - 0808 800 2222
West Mercia Women’s Aid 24 hr. helpline - 0800 980 3331
West Mercia Constabulary - Police Domestic Abuse Units - 101
Worcestershire Family Front Door (social care) - 01905 822666