Information and Support During Summer 2020
There is information about how you can support your child while they are at home, in the 'building blocks' section of our home learning pages.
There is also information about other agencies that can support you and your child in the Wellbeing and Support section of the website.
If you have any other queries or concerns, please contact school and speak to your child's class teacher or Catherine Brogan.
Worcestershire's SEND Local Offer, details the services and support available to children with SEND and their families. To access the Local Offer, go to:
SENDIASS provides free, confidential and impartial information, advice and support on matters relating to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND). Their service is available throughout the summer holidays to support families and they are running as normal through the Covid-19 outbreak.
Contact them: Telephone Helpline: 01905 768153 (8.30am-4pm Mon- Fri)
Please click here to read the letter from Gabrielle Stacey (Assistant Director for SEND and Vulnerable Learners) to parents and carers of children with SEN.
SEN Information Page
At St. Catherine’s we want every child to:
- Be the best that they can be
- Improve their independence
- Develop as a rounded individual able to make a contribution to their community
- Feel valued, included and motivated to learn
- Enjoy school
- Make academic progress
- Experience a range of successes and develop a positive sense of self
To achieve this:
All children receive high quality teaching of a broad and balanced curriculum in an inclusive classroom environment. According to their needs, children will also have access to:
- In-class support from teaching assistants (TAs)
- Catch-up programmes in literacy and numeracy
- One-to-one or small group work with a TA or teacher focused on individual needs
- An enhanced curriculum to match individual needs
- Access to IT or specialist equipment
- Support with medical or personal needs
- Homework support
In a small minority of cases, additional support is required for a child to access the curriculum. In such circumstances, the school, parents and sometimes outside agencies assess the child, liaise with each other and work together to achieve targets that are reviewed frequently.
Mrs. C Brogan is the school Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO), the main school telephone number or email can be used to contact her. If the nature of the communication is private or confidential we would strongly recommend avoiding email of any kind however, the email firstname.lastname@example.org can be used if a telephone is unavailable.